Thursday, October 19, 2006

Chris Nalls Creative

In addition to my day job, I have a consulting business. I do any kind of creative marketing - messaging, product launches, PR, presentations, product design, whatever is needed.

This week's gig was to put together a short video to illustrate Chinese market opportunities. I have been doing a number of these lately - mostly to illustrate new market opportunities for corporations

Basically, it starts with a script that a writer produces. I go out with my Mac and record the voiceover, coaching the reader to get the right emotion.

Then, back to the lab (actually, it is a comfy chair in my living room) to edit the audio. I edit out mistakes, insert silence whenever they take a breath, and sometimes even change the pitch to make them sound younger or older.

Next, we gather photos to illustrate the story. The person that contracts me usually comes up with the images, and I edit them in Photoshop (my favorite video game).

From there, I put them into a video editor and match the photos to the script. Add titles, music and transitions. Then they get put on a DVD and delivered to the customer (Nestle, Wal-Mart, whoever).

If you would like to look at an example, here is a link to one that I created for my roommate as a demonstration in order to sell clients on the idea.

An Expensive Little Habit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home