Saturday, November 18, 2006

Selling My Car



I have a sweet 1995 Mercedes Benz S420.

There are many fond memories of time spent cruising in the "Mercy X3" with my friends. Vinyl the Wonder Dog, with his head out the window, taking it all in. Roland I and went everywhere in that car when he first moved to California. It even went on tour with the Renegades.

Have you ever owned a Mercedes? Better yet, have you ever owned a Mercedes and taken it in for repair? Those suckers are expensive. I had to replace a mirror once and it cost $600!

But what a great ride. You really feel like someone special riding in a car like that.

"The car of Russian Mafia," in the words of my lodger, Alex, who was from Moscow and knew the car right off the bat. "Very comfortable."

It was like driving a living room. But the cost of upkeep wore me down. I bought an Acura TL, and I have fallen in love all over again. The TL is an amazing vehicle, and it treats me very well.

But I will always have a special place in my heart for that Benz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home