Sunday, December 03, 2006

Learning to Play

Yesterday, I decided to learn to play the guitar. I looked online to find out who makes good guitars for beginners, and found a nice Washburn guitar on Craigslist. I picked it up last night and had my online first lesson, written by a man named Dan Cross, who seems to be the guitar expert at about.com.

He has posted a number of articles and free lessons, so I got started with the basics. I am practicing chromatic scales and basic chords. The scales are pretty easy - the chords are tough. I just can't get my fingers to do what I want them to. But, I will practice every day and see how it goes.

While growing up, I always enjoyed those people who could take a guitar and play songs. Singalongs, campfires, that sort of thing. And I suppose I have always wanted to do that.

We'll see how it goes! I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 12/03/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Lisa Mc. said...

Dude....do you know any Foghat? lol.

Good luck to you (and your fingers...they'll get tender soon!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home