Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Death by PowerPoint

Last week, I went to Seattle for a two day meeting with Microsoft to hear about their programs for Partners (people who sell with them or create products based on Microsoft stuff). It was two days at the very swank Westin Hotel in downtown Seattle. My room was on the 38th floor, overlooking the Puget Sound and the Space Needle.

Pretty awesome.

And the information was good, too. A bit more for people who create products based on Microsoft stuff than for people who create products that work on Microsoft. But still good stuff and good content.

This week, I am at the Microsoft HQ in Redmond, Washington for a 4 day Partner training. Again, great materials and contacts. And I am staying at the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue, another beautiful hotel with all the amenities (including plasma screens in room).

BUT...

...all of the sessions are PowerPoint presentations. Hour after hour of PowerPoint presentations. It is fast becoming a joke. One of my fellow attendees called it the "PowerPoint Dungeon." I call it Death by PowerPoint. After about six hours, your butt is in pain and you would do just about anything to get up and move around.

I guess I'll just have to hang on until 5:30. We're having wine tastings with designer appetizers at the finest restaurant in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home