Friday, January 19, 2007

What I Believe

At a very young age, I began to wonder why there were so many different kinds of God in the world. Knowing that not everyone could be right, I was distrustful of organized religion.

At age 20, I had a revelation. As part of a summer performing group that practiced 10 hours a day and performed all over the country, I was part of a team that was closer than many families.

One evening, as we stood together in silence before our final performance of the season, I suddenly realized that I could feel the energy of all the members of the group as a physical, tangible force. And as we walked out in front of the audience, I felt the energy of the crowd of 30,000 just as clearly.

Ever since then, I have been able to feel the spiritual energy of people and things. Is this what others call God in all the myriad ways? I think so.

2 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 12:07 PM, Blogger Lisa Mc. said...

I think God is so powerful and so all-knowing that he manifests Himself in many different ways, to be able to speak to all of His people in manner that they need to hear from Him. Be it as God, Yaweh, Jahovah, Mohamed, Buddah, a redwood tree, through a child's cry or with music. It's what man does with His word that tends to muddy the waters.

 
At 1/30/2007 4:52 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

Strong in you, the Force is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home